If you are travelling to the UK , you need to provide evidence of having booked day 2 COVID travel tests from an accredited provider on the UK government approved providers’ list.
If the test shows that you have COVID-19, you should stay quarantined and self-isolate at home, following government guidance.
The tests will be shipped to your place of residence via Royal Mail Tracked 24 or you can come in store to get tested. Please select your preferred option above.
How does the test work?
Christmas and New Year Information
You should time the booking of your test carefully. The test must be done on or before day 2 after your entry on the UK territory. We recommend booking your test 72 hours before traveling to the UK in order to have the proof of booking when you get to the UK border control as it is a requirement to prove that you booked the test before passing through border control.
During the holiday season, Royal Mail will stop deliveries from the 25th of December. And the laboratory will close as well.
Please note the following:
- Last testing date before Christmas: 23/12/2021
- Testing will resume on 29/12/2021
- No testing at weekends
- No testing on 03/01/2022
Please also note that we cannot guarantee any timeframe during the holiday season due to a likely increase in the number of deliveries at Royal Mail services and an increased workload at our partner laboratories.
Medical services are always busy, and they’re especially busy at the moment. If you’re not at VSM Pharmacy by the time your test is scheduled, we might not be able to reschedule it for you. Please make sure you’re here on time.
Please wear a mask or face covering when you come in for your test. It makes a genuine difference to both our safety and yours. You’ll need to remove it briefly for the swab test, so you may want to bring hand sanitiser to make sure your hands are clean during and after handling your mask.
For the safety of our staff and other customers, please don’t book an appointment or come in if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, if anyone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19, or if you’ve recently been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19.
If you or anyone you’ve been around develops COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive after you’ve booked a test with us, please call us to cancel your appointment, stay at home and follow government guidance. We will switch your test to at home test kit in this instance.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Day 2 COVID-19 test is for people who have no current COVID-19 symptoms but need to confirm, for entering the UK, that they don’t have COVID-19. You’ll need to be at least six years old to take this test.
If you think you might currently have COVID-19, or if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, please don’t come in to the pharmacy.
You’ll need to book your tests in advance in order to get your passenger locator form code. Once you’ve ordered the test here on the website, you’ll receive a link to register with the lab’s portal. After you’ve registered, you will get your code.
Don’t forget your portal registration details, as the portal is also where you’ll get your test results.
You’ll be able to see your results in the laboratory portal once they’re ready, which should take about 24-48 hours from your sample being received by the laboratory. You’ll get an email to let you know when you can access your results. Timeframes are not guaranteed.
You’ll be able to see your passenger locator form code on the laboratory portal once you have registered.
When you purchase your kit on our website for home delivery, we aim to ship your test same day during business hours or next day if you place your order after 6PM. We use Royal Mail Tracked 24 for all our deliveries which aims to deliver within 24 hours but is not guaranteed. For more information on their timings, please visit Royal Mail.
A COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test checks to see if the COVID-19 virus is currently in your body.
For this test, you’ll have your nose and/or throat swabbed to collect a sample. We’ll send this sample to the lab, which will add a reagent to see whether there’s any COVID-19 in the sample. If you have COVID-19, the reagent will cause a reaction and the virus will multiply, making it easy to detect it.
Absolutely! Your sample will be tested at a laboratory accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service, which is recognised by the government.
You should receive an email letting you know when your results are ready, but, if it’s been 48 hours since your sample was collected and the email hasn’t arrived yet, log on to your laboratory portal account to see if your results are already there. If not, give us a call on 01276 21002.
Terms and Conditions
- You cannot come in to take this test if you think you may have COVID-19, if you have symptoms of COVID-19, or if anyone in your household or support bubble has COVID-19.
- If you have already paid for your test, you will receive a full refund if you cancel in advance on account of developing COVID-19 symptoms, due to COVID-19 symptoms appearing in your household or support bubble, or due to a change in travel plans.
- You must be at least 6 years old to take this test.
- You must bring your passport or driving licence to the appointment as proof of identity. If the pharmacy cannot verify your identity, you will not be able to take this test. This would obviously not apply if you are self testing at home.
- Different countries have different travel restrictions. Before booking this test, check the requirements of the place you intend to travel to. Some destinations may not require a test, or may not allow entry at all, even if this test gives you a negative result.
- If you need this test to clear yourself for travel, you must book your appointment more than 60 hours before you travel, but fewer than 72 hours before you travel.
- We understand that travel is time-sensitive, and we’ll try our best to make sure you will receive your result within 48 hours of the swab being taken, but we cannot guarantee this.
- VSM Pharmacy will not be held liable for any losses or costs incurred as a result of delays in receiving test results, as a result of inconclusive test results, or as a result of the outcome of your test. If your test is positive, for example, you may not be able to travel; VSM Pharmacy will not be liable for this.
- Our COVID-19 testing service is subject to the availability of stock and trained staff.