If you are travelling to the UK on or after the 24th of October 2021, you need to provide evidence of having booked day 2 COVID travel tests from an accredited provider on the UK government approved providers’ list. Please check that your country is not on the red list first.
For in store testing, we have some free slots every day. However, if you require a same day appointment, please call the pharmacy first on 0127621002.
For at home testing, you will need to submit a picture of your test after doing it.
If the test shows that you have COVID-19, you should stay quarantined and self-isolate at home, following government guidance.
The tests will be shipped to your place of residence via Royal Mail Tracked 24 or you can come in store to get tested. Please select your preferred option above.
You should time the booking of your test carefully. The tests must be done on or before the day 2 after your entry on the UK territory. We recommend booking your test 72 hours before traveling to the UK in order to have the proof of booking when you get to the UK border control as it is a requirement to prove that you booked the test before passing through border control.
Your code for the passenger locator form will be sent automatically after you purchase the test.
If you booked at home testing.
We will ship your test within one business day. You will need to do the test and then send us a picture of the result in order to get your negative certificate.
If you booked in store testing.
Medical services are always busy, and they’re especially busy at the moment. If you’re not at VSM Pharmacy by the time your test is scheduled, we might not be able to reschedule it for you. Please make sure you’re here on time.
Please wear a mask or face covering when you come in for your test. It makes a genuine difference to both our safety and yours. You’ll need to remove it briefly for the swab test, so you may want to bring hand sanitiser to make sure your hands are clean during and after handling your mask.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Please select the At Home Testing option when purchasing the test.
Our COVID-19 antigen test costs £49.
You’ll need to book your test appointment in advance. Once you’ve ordered the test here on the website, you’ll be given the opportunity to book an appointment if you chose in store testing.
Please bring your passport or driving licence with you as proof of identity. We’ll need to be able to confirm your identity before we can give you the test.
For at home testing, you will send us a picture of your test and we will issue your certificate within 24 hours.
As soon as your results are available, our colleague in store will request your certificate to be sent to you within 8 hours. Please let us know if you need it faster. We only issue travel certificates for negative tests obviously.
It is a Rapid Antigen Test.
Our trained colleague will use a swab to take a sample from your nose and/or throat, then put it in a test cassette. A chemical reaction in the cassette will show whether your sample includes COVID-19 antigens, which would suggest a current COVID-19 infection. The test will usually give a yes/no result within 10 to 15 minutes.
Most tests won’t have any problems. Occasionally, though, the results might be inconclusive. If this happens, we’ll let you know and we’ll offer another one free of charge.
Yes, we use tests that are CE marked for professional use.
Terms and Conditions
- You cannot come in to take this test if you think you may have COVID-19, if you have symptoms of COVID-19, or if anyone in your household or support bubble has COVID-19.
- You should only book this test if you are sure your travel destination accepts it for entering the country.
- You must be at least 6 years old to take this test.
- You must bring your passport or driving licence to the appointment as proof of identity.
- You will usually receive your result within 15 minutes of the swab being taken, but we cannot guarantee this.
- If your test is inconclusive, you will get a second test free of charge.
- VSM Pharmacy will not be held liable for any losses or costs incurred as a result of delays in receiving test results, as a result of inconclusive test results, or as a result of the outcome of your test.
- Our COVID-19 testing service is subject to the availability of stock and trained staff.