If you need a travel certificate to prove that you’re free of COVID-19 for travelling abroad, our COVID-19 Travel Rapid Antigen Test is the right test for you. Please check that your travel provider and travel destination allow Rapid Antigen Tests for entry.
We tend to have some free slots every day. However, if you require a same day appointment, please call the pharmacy first on 0127621002.
If they do not allow rapid antigen tests, please check our PCR test.
If the test shows that you have COVID-19, you should cancel your travel plans and self-isolate at home, following government guidance. You won’t be able to receive a travel certificate in this case.
How does the COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test work?
Medical services are always busy, and they’re especially busy at the moment. If you’re not at VSM Pharmacy by the time your test is scheduled, we might not be able to reschedule it for you. Please make sure you’re here on time.
Please wear a mask or face covering when you come in for your test. It makes a genuine difference to both our safety and yours. You’ll need to remove it briefly for the swab test, so you may want to bring hand sanitiser to make sure your hands are clean during and after handling your mask.
This test takes place in the pharmacy. For the safety of our staff and other customers, please don’t book an appointment or come in if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, if anyone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19, or if you’ve recently been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19.
Please note that it is your responsibility to make sure this test is appropriate for your travel needs. We will not be liable if you book the wrong test for your travel needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
The appointment, including the test, will take about 15 minutes.
Our COVID-19 antigen test costs £49.
You’ll need to book your test appointment in advance. Once you’ve ordered the test here on the website, you’ll be given the opportunity to book an appointment.
Please bring your passport or driving licence with you as proof of identity. We’ll need to be able to confirm your identity before we can give you the test.
The pharmacist will tell you the results within about 15 minutes.
As soon as your results are available, our colleague in store will request your certificate to be sent to you within 8 hours. Please let us know if you need it faster. We only issue travel certificates for negative tests obviously.
This antigen test will clear you for travel only if your travel destination accepts Rapid Antigen Tests. Usually, they need to be done 48 hours before travel. It is your responsibility to check your travel destination accepts this test.
It is a Rapid Antigen Test.
Our trained colleague will use a swab to take a sample from your nose and/or throat, then put it in a test cassette. A chemical reaction in the cassette will show whether your sample includes COVID-19 antigens, which would suggest a current COVID-19 infection. The test will usually give a yes/no result within 10 to 15 minutes.
Most tests won’t have any problems. Occasionally, though, the results might be inconclusive. If this happens, we’ll let you know and we’ll offer another one free of charge.
Yes, we use tests that are CE marked for professional use.
Terms and Conditions
- You cannot come in to take this test if you think you may have COVID-19, if you have symptoms of COVID-19, or if anyone in your household or support bubble has COVID-19.
- You should only book this test if you are sure your travel destination accepts it for entering the country.
- You must be at least 6 years old to take this test.
- You must bring your passport or driving licence to the appointment as proof of identity.
- You will usually receive your result within 15 minutes of the swab being taken, but we cannot guarantee this.
- If your test is inconclusive, you will get a second test free of charge.
- VSM Pharmacy will not be held liable for any losses or costs incurred as a result of delays in receiving test results, as a result of inconclusive test results, or as a result of the outcome of your test.
- Our COVID-19 testing service is subject to the availability of stock and trained staff.